Blog purpose: To help artists be artists with tips on art techniques, setting up your own website, putting on art shows, etc. as well as my own trials and tribulations with being an artist.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally getting in some time to paint!

I went this morning and got some new paints. I wanted some more acrylic paints, because I want to experiment more with them and I'm so used to just using oil paints. I was specifically looking for something to use as an adhesive on an acrylic painting, and I was hoping to get some wood panels to paint on (inspired by artist Clara Berta!).

I did buy something called Crafter's Pick, The Ultimate, which is a non-toxic, water-based glue that will adhere to metals, plastics, glass, etc. Is supposedly dries clear. I don't know if it will work or not, but I will try it out and let you know. I unfortunately didn't find my wood panels, so I'll have to order some on-line or have some made by someone (I will check some more local art stores in hopes of finding them).

So without my wood panel, I was forced to simply use a canvas for my painting tonight. Not bad but I was really excited to try using wood panels. I did and acrylic painting, staring out with the main color I wanted to use (purple). I expanded on that and used almost every single color, including purple, orange, red, yellow, blue, white and black. I painted a very colorful, relatively abstract, picture of an angel. I think it came out quite well. I love all of the various colors on it.

Tomorrow I will decide if it's complete or not and either post pictures or finish it and post pictures. I always like to give myself a day to see if I still like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment