Blog purpose: To help artists be artists with tips on art techniques, setting up your own website, putting on art shows, etc. as well as my own trials and tribulations with being an artist.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Etsy

I almost forgot to mention, I posted my first Etsy listing yesterday for one of my prints. This will be a "test run" so I can figure out the best way to showcase and sell things on Etsy. Once I figure it out I will report back on my findings so that others can hopefully be able to get started selling their art pretty easily. Here is the link for the listing, if anyone would check it out and give me any feedback on it (any info I should include that I didn't, etc.) that would be great: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49026775/orange-print.

Eventually I will also document the levels of workability between selling my art on facebook, my website and Etsy (the 3 ways I can figure to sell art on-line - besides craigslist and I'm not going there). So far none of these methods have worked, but I am just getting started.

One last point before I write off on this post, I have been extremely successful with my art at my work place. I haven't even been trying, just placing it at my desk and people come by and buy it. Then someone else will see it on my friends desk and ask how they get some of my art, etc. I have been selling my prints basically at cost and sometimes giving them away as birthday presents, etc. because it's great promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment