Blog purpose: To help artists be artists with tips on art techniques, setting up your own website, putting on art shows, etc. as well as my own trials and tribulations with being an artist.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Portraits, anyone?


Wow! I can't believe it's been about 1 1/2 weeks since my last post. To be honest, I've been completely focused on my upcoming marathon this weekend and haven't been paying much attention to my art, or at least so I thought.

I have been drawing a lot at work. I don't know why but earlier this week I was suddenly inspired to draw. I looked around for something to draw and decided to just draw my hand. A co-worker saw me and asked if I could draw a picture of her. That sounded like a great idea, so I did a fairly brief sketch of her. As always, I surprise myself and it came out better than I thought it would.

Another co-worker saw me drawing the 1st co-worker, and asked if I could do a picture of him, which I proceeded to do. The next day I drew a 3rd co-worker. I spent a lot of time on the 3rd, so it was more of an actual portrait as opposed to just a sketch. It wasn't perfect, but I was quite pleased with the results.

I now have had quite a few of my co-workers asking for "portraits." This could actually work in my favor, though the first few were free, I could easily start to charge for these, even if it's just $10. Plus, they are a lot of fun to do and help occupy and time I'm bored at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment